We waited patiently for the result of the auction. Only three parties attended the February 15 “open house” and only one person was not affiliated with the local Falls of Clyde supporters. On February 28, no qualified bidders had come in. The requirement for a $1.5 million performance bond was impossible for any party to acquire, which made the whole auction moot. This has now pushed the Harbors Division into their other options, which are to negotiate a sale, transfer the ship to another government organization, or remove and destroy the ship. Friends of Falls of Clyde is looking into legal options to forestall the last option. We fully believe that the Harbors Division should negotiate with Save Falls of Clyde International to achieve the repatriation to Scotland. Friends of Falls of Clyde is committed to maintaining the safety of the ship until she can be removed from the harbor and repatriated to Scotland.
Bruce McEwan, President
We know that there is great interest in the future of the Falls of Clyde. There is a lot going on that the Board of Directors is dealing with, so we felt that keeping stakeholders involved through a report on our website is the easiest way to reach our worldwide audience.